[chirp_users] UV-5R

Dennis Wage
Thu Jul 19 15:49:43 PDT 2018

I have 2 UV-5Rs and UV-5RA

When hold the 3 key and turn on the power to get the firmware version they
all report: BFB297

However, in Other Settings Firmware message 1 and 2 are as follows
UV-5R #1 - HN5RV01 1FB297 (THIS RADIO IS HORRIBLE)
UV-5R #2 - HN5RV01 1
UV-5RA   - N5R2407 BFB297

I have some of the weirdest problems with these radios. For example on the
UV-5RA (which seems to be the best one of the 3 ), with this one particular
repeater I have to hit exit or A/B twice get rid of background noise during
an incoming transmission. WHY EXIT???

How this pertains to chirp is I downloaded the RESET image from Miklor for
firmware version BFB297. I get the warning about wrong firmware version
with each radio.

Can or does Chirp upload, or download from radio for that matter, any
settings not seen in Chirp?

Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)

245 Corum Hill Road
Castalian Springs, TN 37031