[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-888S Plus and BF-999S

Jim Unroe
Thu Jul 19 15:35:15 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Richard AG5M via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> I have the original Baofeng BF-888S, but since them there appears to have been two updated versions, known as BF-888S Plus, one with an 1800 mAH battery, and the latest version with a 1900mAH battery.
>
> Question is, does CHIRP support all three versions of the BF-888S?
>
> And I see there is also a BF-999S version available but not listed on the CHIRP list.  Does CHIRP also support that radio?
>
> Tnx, 73, Richard AG5M

I'm pretty sure the BF-888S Plus is not supported by CHIRP. If the
BF-999S is a variant of the BF-888S Plus, then it would stand to
reason that it is not supported either. And Baofeng seems to have
changed the currently shipping BF-888s radios, because there are many
opened issues that report that CHIRP does not properly handle the
settings in them.