[chirp_users] MacOS - Chirp Windowing Misalignment

David Dixon
Wed Jul 18 10:47:31 PDT 2018

Ok I have just installed the new Chirp software for my Mac mini o/s 10.13.4 and it is working ok for me full screen small screen uploading and down loading
I have never installed drivers for the cable the Mac does it for you hope helps the cable is Prolific Technology

Regards  David G1DCG

> On 18 Jul 2018, at 17:41, Charley Bratton <charley at bratton.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Jerry,
>
> I’ve seen the misalignment issue only after attempting to resize the CHIRP window in MacOS.
> If I close the window and reopen in its default size, the misalignment issue is gone.
> I’m using 10.13.6 currently, but have seen the same issue for the past few MacOS patches.
>
> - Charley - KE4QBW
>
>> On Jul 17, 2018, at 10:19 PM, Jerry Weiss <jsw at ieee.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have a problem with Chirp on MacOS, specifically 10.12 or 10.13 with the most recent build or (much) older ones.  I have two separate Mac's, one is my regular machine and the other is a test machine I just loaded with the latest downloads for chirp and python today.
>>
>> On both my mouse cursor doesn't track accurately with controls or cells in the Chirp window.  The offset is vertical about 1 or 2 cells or controls typically.   When this occurs I either see the bottom of the screen is either truncated or has a black band at the bottom, equal to the amount of offset.  If I resize the screen, the cursor alignment is restored for a while, but it never lasts for more than a few actions.  No special mouse/cursor software installed.
>>
>> Anyone seen this before?
>>
>> Separate question - is there a way to search archives?
>>

>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Jerry - WB9MRI

Regards

       David