[chirp_users] Mac to Vaesu communication problem

Bruce Warren
Mon Jul 9 13:51:33 PDT 2018

I am using a Mac with OS 10.6.8. I want to use Chirp to communicate with a Yaesu VX-6R.

I have a USB cable from RT Systems specifically designated for the Yaesu. I installed the driver and my computer says it recognizes the USB cable.

I installed a version of Chirp and it does not crash. When I try to download from my radio using Command-D, I get a window for selecting the Port, Vendor, and model. Under the choice for Port, I get two options: "/dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync" and "/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem". When I try with "/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem", it immediately tells me it cannot open the port. When I try with " /dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync", it tries to do something and then errors out, saying: "Failed to communicate with the radio."

Any ideas on what is wrong or what I can do to fix it?