[chirp_users] How to empty or null tone channel in Chirp?

neil b
Wed Jul 4 07:06:50 PDT 2018

typical uk repeater

first column

freq - 145.625
name - gb3nw
tone mode - tone
tone - 67
next few are empty
duplex is - (minus)
offset - 0.6
mode -fm
power - high

----- Original Message -----
From: survivor at cryptolab.net<mailto:survivor at cryptolab.net>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 2:48 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] How to empty or null tone channel in Chirp?

When I use Chirp to set radio channels, there are many columns I cannot let empty, unless I cannot save it or uploat to radio. Most repeaters here have no subtone and I cannot let tone column empty, or null or zero. In chirp, there is a preseted tone list from 67.0 to 254.1. When I power on the transceiver in frequency mode and ajust to repeater channel, I can hear people talking normally. When I power on in channel mode and choose the respective channel with the same frequency, I cannot hear people talking. Pearhaps, tone values are wrong and in most cases they are unnecessary. How to I solve this?
I have a Baofeng UV-82 WITH 8 Watts (HP).
Firmware
3 KEY: N822413
6 KEY: 140902N

TKS