[chirp_users] CSV Partial Load

Ken FitzGerald-Smith
Tue Jul 3 12:45:05 PDT 2018

He needs values for all these fields in  your csv file: rToneFreq, cToneFreq, DtcsCode, DtcsPolarity, Mode, TStep

rToneFreq & cToneFreq need to be proper ctcss tones. 67.0 will do

DtcsCode needs to be valid too. First valid code is 023

DtcsPolarity needs to be one of  [‘NN', 'NR', 'RN', 'RR']

Mode needs to be AM or FM at least

TStep (tuning step) needs to be numeric! Zero will do

So this:

35,BECKER1/AGAVE,153.62,,0,,,,,,FM,,,,,,,

Needs to become this at a minimum:

35,BECKER1/AGAVE,153.62,,0,,67.0,67.0,023,NN,FM,12.5,,,,,,

There is no problem with the / in the name, but remember if you see a conversion error like  ’String to Float’ for any field, that indicates that you must supply at least a numeric value, not an empty field.

I hope this helps

Ken

> On 3 Jul 2018, at 20:14, Aubrey Turner <aubrey.c.turner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, spaces are allowed in CSVs (in general just about everything
> other than a COMMA is fine since it's the comma that separates the
> fields).  And, we see that line 33 is loading (which also has a space).
>
> What I am seeing, however, is a lot more empty fields in line 34 than in
> the previous lines.  In particular, the warning from Chirp is for the
> 'rtone' column that it can't convert the string to a float.  In line 33
> this appears to have a value of 88.5 while it's empty on line 34.  I
> suggest looking at the values for the tone columns to see why these are
> blank (and/or why Chirp is expecting a value there).
>
> I also see from the history of this email chain that  you're using Excel
> to edit the CSV.  Excel is notorious for munging CSV files. You may want
> to use a text editor of some kind instead of Excel to make sure that the
> fields aren't getting messed up when the file is saved.
>

> On 7/3/2018 2:02 PM, Jean-Paul Louis via chirp_users wrote:
>> I think that you have a problem with the NAMES of the channels. NAMES should not have a space as this break the rules of CSV files.
>> Try replacing the spaces with “_” and that might work a lot better.
>>
>> Just my $0.02,
>> Jean-Paul
>> N1JPL
>>

>>> On Jul 3, 2018, at 2:50 PM, imatglamis <imatglamis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just trimmed off all the punctuation spaces and made names 8 characters or less.  Same problem, it imports and shows channels 0-34 fine but stops at 34 with errors:
>>>
>>> Line 35: [rtone] could not convert string to float:
>>>
>>> Line 36: [rtone] could not convert string to float:
>>>
>>> Line 37: [rtone] could not convert string to float:
>>>
>>> Line 38: [rtone] could not convert string to float:
>>>
>>> to the end of the list just after channel 70cm Cal:
>>>
>>> 31,WX9,161.775,,0,,88.5,88.5,23,NN,FM,5,,,,,,
>>> 32,WX10,163.275,,0,,88.5,88.5,23,NN,FM,5,,,,,,
>>> 33,70cm Cal,446,,0,,88.5,88.5,23,NN,FM,5,,,,,,
>>> 34,BAJA PIT,154.98,,0,,,,,,FM,,,,,,,
>>> 35,BECKER1,153.62,,0,,,,,,FM,,,,,,,