[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 109, Issue 26

C.S. Arthur
Tue Jan 30 16:01:02 PST 2018

on the BaoFengs:
menu 21 MDF-A and menu 22 MDF-B let you select channel number, channel label/name or frequency.  stay away from the VFO/Channel button and it will always show your labels.  Channel names have to be assigned in programming software; can’t be done from the key pad.

I solved the driver problem by getting the official $12 programming cable from BaoTech…worked perfectly the first time out…then you don’t have to hassle with the drivers (i should say, worked fine on my HP laptop, Win10)

3s
christopher arthur
KD7EFS
Casper, wonderful Wyoming