[chirp_users] chirp and screen reader accessibility

Ray T. Mahorney
Fri Jan 26 16:59:37 PST 2018

Just a thought here but I wonder if the developers have given consideration to building screen reader accessibility in to the program? Presently, Chirp does not work well if at all with any of the commonly and widely used text to speech screen reading programs such as JAWS and NVDA. The NVDA screen reader is an open source program so its developers may be more receptive to working to build accessibility into Chirp. This question may have come up before and if it has, I apologize in advance.
http://www.nvda-project.org

Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA