[chirp_users] will not copy channel names to radio

Jim Unroe
Thu Jan 25 16:46:55 PST 2018

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 7:21 PM, C.S. Arthur <csarthur at gmail.com> wrote:
> at the risk of asking a question that may have been posted earlier (several hours of searching failed to yield results): recently purchased a BF-F9 V2+. the most recent CHIRP daily allows me to program all fields successfully, but the channel name field will not copy to the radio.  turning everything off and copying FROM the radio into a new download file shows the channel names are in there somewhere, but they do  not show up on the radio display.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanx
> christopher arthur
> KD7EFS … a baofeng BF-F9V2+ and a UV-5RTP  (channel names work properly with the UV-5)

Christopher,

The name fields are being copied to the radio, you just haven't
changed the Memory Display Format from FREQ to NAME to display the
names.

You can either set menu 21 (MDF-A) and/or menu 22 (MDF-B) to NAME (the
choices are CHannel, NAME and FREQuency) to display the channel name.
Or better yet, you can set it using CHIRP.

Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (A): Name
Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (B): Name