[chirp_users] BF-T1 - Duplex: OFF

Jim Unroe
Mon Jan 15 13:24:10 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Drew from Zhrodague
<drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net> wrote:
>         I am really excited to see support for the BF-T1!
>
>         However, I did notice that I am not able to set the Duplex setting to
> OFF. I like to listen to the local UHF police frequencies, but prefer to
> prevent accidental transmissions. I am able to disable transmit with my
> Baofeng UV-5Rs and with the WLN KD-C1 radios using CHIRP.
>
>         I am using the deb-based chirp-daily repo under Ubuntu 16. Any ideas,
> or am I missing something?

CHIRP can't make a radio do something it isn't capable of doing. It is
either because the radio is not cable of doing it, this condition was
not tested in the development or adding the support was overlooked.

Are you able to disable TX using the factory software?