[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-2DR and Mac OS 10.13.3 (High, Sierra) Programming Cable Recommendation

Dave B
Mon Feb 19 01:30:44 PST 2018

Under Windows, you can use USBview.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities/usbview.zip
This is actually a genuine Microsoft tool, but it's almost impossible to
find on any MS site.
It's too useful not to have!

For Linux:-
http://www.kroah.com/linux-usb/
Is very good, but you need to build from source.  In truth, it's a
modified fork of the source for the above Microsoft program.
You also need to run it with root privileges, or use sudo from the users
command line, or gksu in a desktop launcher.

If there is anything similar for Mac's, I have no knowledge.  Perhaps
the Linux source could be persuaded to build on a Mac?  But how useful
it would be, I don't know, as Mac's are based on BSD, not Linux, the
devil is in the detail etc.

    73.

Dave G0WBX.