[chirp_users] linux command line

Tycen Stafford
Wed Feb 14 09:36:23 PST 2018

Nah, I'd have to disagree, Nigel. I don't need to create/edit radio config
files every time I use chirp, often times I just need to update a radio
with a config I already have.

It's 100% usable from the command line for me for the scenario I described.
Having the ability to have a pocket-sized headless radio updater is
completely useful for me. I can think of other applications, too - if you
had a dozen (or a hundred) radios that needed the same config applied
repeatedly then you could add a button to that raspberry pi that triggered
the command line update script and update your radios as fast as you could
unplug and plug them from the programming cable (without having to click
through the GUI). They don't all have to be the same radio, either. My
script cycles through my 4 different radio types automatically until it
finds the right one to update. If I were using the GUI I would have to open
4 different files and click through all the update confirmation dialogs.
With my headless updater I just plug in whatever radio I want updated and
kick off the update command and then wait for it to finish.

So, I understand that a command line chirp would not be useful to some
(maybe even most), but that doesn't mean it's not usable to others.

David, what application were you looking for?