[chirp_users] Strange behavior of CHIRP under OS X latest version

Jean-Paul Louis
Tue Feb 13 12:37:20 PST 2018

I hadn’t used CHIRP for a while but always kept updating regularly.
Last night, I wanted to update my Baofeng UV-82, and found an odd issue with the track pad or a wireless mouse.

It seems that there is an X/Y offset between the mouse pointer and the CHIRP action. When I want to select a new radio, the buttons are partially hidden, so I have first to resize the window to see all the buttons.
Then the buttons get the focus only if my mouse pointer is almost outside the button.

It is very frustrating.
Has anyone noticed the same behavior, or is it just me?

I am using CHIRP form 02/04/2018 on a MacBook pro with Retina Display and OS X 10.3.3.

Just curious,
Jean-Paul
N1JPL