[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RTP BTECH UV-5X3 - both +- in display for offset

Jim Unroe
Sun Feb 11 13:54:51 PST 2018

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Rich Messeder <NE1EE at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Update.
> http://www.miklor.com/BT5X3/5X3-FAQ.php#NewestRadio
> Here I found
> Display shows + and - at the same time
> In Channel Mode this is normal when the TX/RX frequencies differ.
> In Frequency Mode + or - is displayed based on Menu 25 (Shift)
>
> So all is OK. But when I switched to VFO from channel mode, I thought that I'd find a way to see what the channel is programmed with (Kenwood has a feature to copy memory to VFO.)
>
> NE1EE

Rich,

To see how a memory channel is programmed you just visit each menu
that is stored on a per-channel basis and the current setting will be
displayed. There are 9 of them. These guides explain where and when
each menu is functional.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_MenuDef.php

Since we have established that menu 25 and menu 26 are not stored on a
per channel basis, what you have to do is see what the TX frequency
is. To do that set the Memory Display Format for the selected display
line (MDF-A or MDF-B) to FREQ. You will be looking at the RX
frequency. Then you can tap the [*] key to put the radio into
"reverse" mode thus displaying the TX frequency. Tap the [*] key once
again to exit "reverse" mode.