[chirp_users] Help with Sinorise SR-626U

Peter
Thu Dec 6 11:33:42 PST 2018

AFAIK neither of those Baofeng models include an LCD screen.  So yeah,
maybe this radio is just another version of one of these?

I have half a dozen Bond Telecom "Baofeng BF-888s Plus" (look just like
a Retevis RT7).  These only cost me about $12 (USD) each, so it's not a
big loss if they get bricked/smashed/lost. And they program just fine
using the "Baofeng BF-888" selection in CHIRP.

Maybe just give the Sinorise SR-626U a try using the "Baofeng BF-888"
profile in CHIRP and  see what happens?  After first saving the current
code plug of course.  (If you can't save the current config then that
will be a sign that you can't write a new one either.)