[chirp_users] Disable Transmitting on BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two

Jim Unroe
Sun Aug 26 18:08:20 PDT 2018

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 11:19 PM, Cade Woolaway <woolawaywx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can some one help me, I don’t have my ham license yet and don’t want to
> accidently transmit? And does it transmit a signal on start up?

To program a memory channel with TX disabled, set the Duplex field to "off".

You can't disable transmitting in VFO mode unless you completely
disable the VFO. To disable the VFO, set the lower band limit to a
value that is higher than the upper band limit for both the VHF and
UHF bands (I just swap them).

Good luck on getting you ham license.