[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-F8+ Compatibility

bsantucci
Sat Aug 25 23:57:44 PDT 2018

I once tried programming A BF-F8 failed partial way through several times. 3 cables, 3 computers. 2 friends same thing. Something in the model. Sent back and out of honestly about 25 UV-5R and the new UV-5RHP, the HP is the best for $40! Also, use this cable.BTECH PC03 FTDI Genuine USB Programming Cable for BTECH 20.46 on Amazon. ALL the so called Baofeng cables suck! They work here n there and the SLIGHTEST movement of the usb cable will trigger a failure to program.
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9+.
-------- Original message --------From: E M Recio via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> Date: 8/26/18  02:49  (GMT-05:00) To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com, Tom Consodine ND5Y <nd5y at yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng BF-F8+ Compatibility
Yeah, so what is the deal then? Same cable, same machine, same chirp? Am I selecting the wrong menu item for radio?