[chirp_users] Tri Band Radio

Chuck Hast
Wed Aug 8 16:15:22 PDT 2018

Jim,
My first look at the mail for over a week, between moving and having to do
some work out in
NM...

Yes, regarding the brand, I had forgot the correct manufacturers name.

I will check those settings, I do not have the radio with me at the moment,
as soon as I get
back home and get that mess under control I will take a look at it. Where I
notice it is when
I hit the PTT button seems to take quite a bit of time to get up to speed
TX wise.

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 10:31 AM Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I bought the BaoFeng UV-5x3  to get access to 220 mHz as I do not have a
> > radio on that band
>
> It is a BTech UV-5X3. It is not manufactured by Baofeng. That is why
> you won't find the UV-5X3 listed under the drop-down Vendor list for
> Baofeng. The Vendor BTECH must be selected to find the UV-5X3.
>
> > comes to mind is it is a wee bit slow in the RX<>TX transitions, but you
> > learn to live with it.
>
> Have you set menu 35 (STE) and menu 36 (RP-STE) to OFF? In CHIRP it would
> be...
>
> Settings -> Basic Settings -> Squelch Tail Eliminate (HT to HT):
> {untick this setting}
> Settings -> Basic Settings -> Squelch Tail Eliminate (repeater):
> {change this setting to Off)
>
> Jim KC9HI

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
Celestial!!!