[chirp_users] Tri Band Radio

Shon Edwards
Fri Aug 3 17:25:49 PDT 2018

Hello Stuart,

I have a bunch of tribanders.  I have 7 of the Btech radios you mentioned.
For the price, that seems to be the best thing to outfit my family with;
some of the kids are still pretty young and I won't worry about one getting
broken.  Frankly, I and my 18-year old prefer the Kenwood triband.  It
works extremely well.  The one big problem is you can break it if you
breathe on it.  I own 2 of them and have already had 3-$100 repair jobs,
once by dropping it two feet onto a carpet.  I have a couple of AnyTone
triband radios.  They only do 4 watts on most of the bands.  they are also
$200 apiece, so quite a bit for what you get.  I own some Yaesu radios,
too, a vx-7 and 3 vx-8dr radios.  They do 6M, which is unique and nice,
since we have some 6m repeaters here.  Also 22 MHz, but at a very reduced
power.  Yaesu is extremely tough and reliable, but you have the power
problem on 220.

So there are pluses and minuses to all of them, and there may be others,
but these are my radios and how I rate them.  I would probably go with
Btech.

Take care, 73 de K6QT Shon

Shon R. Edwards, MA, AG (Czech Republic)
Amateur call:  K6QT
1039 N 2575 W
Layton, UT, 84041-7709
USA