[chirp_users] uv-82 settings does not show up using latest build

aj4ck1
Fri Apr 27 18:57:09 PDT 2018

Ok, but this was the only way I could get a good read. There was a couple other squelch settins were greater than 123 so now that I can read the values I can change them to the correct values.
ThankSJoe

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Date: 4/27/18  19:41  (GMT-06:00)
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] uv-82 settings does not show up using latest build

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 8:14 PM, aj4ck1 <aj4ck1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I did this, see below, and it worked.
>
> Edit uv5r.py and line 1662 change the 123 to 255. I was able to do a
> complete read with no errors. The problem was in the UHF squelch settings is
> was set by default to 208. I left the default as 208.

You didn't fix it. You just made the bad value acceptable in CHIRP.
You should change the bad value (208) to something valid (1 to 123)
and upload it to your radio. The value it was supposed to be would be
1 higher than the next lower squelch threshold setting or 1 lower than
the next higher squelch threshold setting since they usually increment
by 1 from the factory. Then you can set line 1662 back to 123.