[chirp_users] programming

Jim Unroe
Fri Apr 27 03:00:23 PDT 2018

Hi Bob,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 12:16 AM, Bob via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> I have a basic programming question maybe someone knows the answer---As an
> example--I downloaded from repeater book lets say 10 channels.
>
> Several days later I activate Chrip again to add more frequencies via
> repeater book I did thew\ download and find out that the first ten channels
> data has disappeared and replaced by the second set of frequencies.
> My question:  How do I prevent that from happening?
>

> 73'
> Bob
> WB3DYE

When you get to the "Import From File" dialogue box, you must use the
"Adjust New Location" buttons to change the values in the "To" column
to create the "From" to "To" relationship that you desire.

In the attached screen capture I mapped the 3 imported repeaters (rows
1, 2 and 3) to be imported to memory rows 19, 20 and 21 by adding 18
to the values in the "To" column (by clicking the [+10]  button twice
and the [-1] button twice).

Another way to do this would be to use "Query data source" instead of
"Import from data source". This will bring the repeaters into a
separate tab. At this point you can copy-and-past individual or groups
of memory rows from the Repeater Book tab to the tab that is
compatible with your radio.