[chirp_users] chirp-daily version from PPA is old

Jim Unroe
Tue Apr 24 03:25:53 PDT 2018

Hi Lloyd,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:49 AM, Lloyd Matthews
<lloydcmatthews at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. I installed the chirp PPA and daily
> snapshot with
>
> sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install chirp-daily
>
> but in CHIRP's "Help > About", the version is 20171104 not the latest
> 20180412.
>
> -Thanks
>   Lloyd Matthews
>   lloydcmatthews at gmail.com

I recently did a clean install of Linux Mint 18.3 here (March 26)
which is based on Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus). I installed the
chirp-snapshort repository just as you did. The Update Manager has
shown a new CHIRP daily build ready to be installed every morning
after there has been a new build released. After installing the
updates with Update Manager, I am always at the latest CHIRP daily
build. I am currently at CHIRP daily-20180412.

I also had no issues before I upgraded my previous Linux Mint 17.3
system which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr).