[chirp_users] settings not shown in latest builds

aj4ck1
Sun Apr 15 18:30:38 PDT 2018

I never could get the setting to show in the latest chirp build in both the Linux and the windows version. I used the live cd version 2014  and could see everything.

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Date: 4/13/18  15:33  (GMT-06:00)
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] settings not shown in latest builds

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Joe Creel <aj4ck1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have just subscribbed to this list, and I have a problem, hope you can
> help. I have downloaded the latest software an driver (Window 7), connected
> to my radio (Baofeng UV-82, and downloaded the configuration. The Settings
> menu is empty. I have an older version (linux live cd version) and it shows
> the setting file and contents. Just wondering what I have missed /not doing
> correctly in the windows 7 version.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

You have a setting that is out-of-range. A quick and dirty fix would
be to RESET your radio. Download from it. If that fixed the
out-of-range setting, then you will see the Settings. Once that is
successful, you can then "import" your saved image with the
out-of-range setting into this tab. Make any other settings change and
upload it into your radio.

If that doesn't fix it, email the image to me and I will take a look at it.

Jim