[chirp_users] Lesson Learnt

Dennis Green
Thu Apr 12 22:49:11 PDT 2018

Good morning,

I spent about 40 minutes last night with CHIRP and my FT-817ND. Each time I tried to download from the radio, the radio would give me an error message.

I checked the connections - all fit snuggly! Try again - error!

Started up the other PC in the shack - connected the cables and ran CHIRP - radio says error.

And then the light went on!

Fruit Cake was using the FT-8800 cable on the FT-817ND - and it don’t work!! ☺

Got the correct cable, connected it up and everything was purring along - no problems!

Greetings

Dennis, ZS4BS / 7P8DG

---