[chirp_users] OT License

Dennis Wage
Mon Apr 9 11:17:55 PDT 2018

1 week ago I told my Elmer I was ready for my technicians exam. (BTW my
'Elmer' is young enough to be my grandson). He then says, "Take the General
while you're there. There's no extra charge and no penalty for failing."

I said ok and told him I would cram for General.

One week later I am passing sample General exams with mid 80 percent scores.

The only things that keep tripping me up are:
G1A - General Class control operator frequency privileges; primary and
secondary allocations
and
G1C - Transmitter power regulations; data emission standards

It's all memorization. I am a better critical thinker and problem solver
than I am a memorizer.

Looks like I'm going to have to sell some music gear to buy HF rig.

Dennis M. Wage

245 Corum Hill Road
Castalian Springs, TN 37031
(615) 310-4242 Cell