[chirp_users] Names or notes?

David Ranch
Mon Sep 25 14:50:53 PDT 2017

While most/all radios can't store data like this, I think this would be
a very useful feature for us humans!  I imagine this would only be
stored locally in chirp and IGNORED when doing uploads into radios.
Downloads from radios wouldn't have any of this data as they couldn't
store it in the first place .  Maybe another "comment" file could store
this detail and then merged and displayed when a new download comes in
from the radio.  Maybe this would be similar to RT-Systems's "name" or
"comment" fields:

    RT Systems screen capture
http://www.rtsystems.us/productinfo/rpsuv8000d/thuv8000d_main.jpg

    Basic Settings Descriptions