[chirp_users] Baofeng uv-5r doesn't upload channel names

kc2ote
Mon Sep 25 13:44:07 PDT 2017

I'm new to the UV-5R and CHIRP and am having a problem that I hope is an easy fix. I was able to download from the radio and everything seems fine. I added names to the previously saved channels and added a ton of channels from the included files. When  I uploaded the configuration to the radio, the channel names do not display. When  I download the new configuration from the radio, the channel names were not present.
So it's definitely not sending the channel names to the radio. I have channel A set to display names and I have tried with B set to names or frequency but it doesn't change the outcome.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.