[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Build System
Fri Oct 20 00:14:04 PDT 2017

Greetings,

A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
from the following location:

  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20171020

A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
follows:

Changes for Build #503
[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] [BTECH] Fix scramble bit resetting for BTECH color LCD variants

Since we never expose the scramble setting, we never get a chance to ensure
that bit is set to zero on these radios. Since the base driver never fully
clears a memory that it is brining out of empty state, this bit can be set
when it shouldn't be.

This change always zeroes it for that radio, fully clears memories when
bringing them out of empty state, and also zeroes the settings before
applying the actual mem.extra settings when doing that.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Make tests module generate a unittest-compatible interface

This lets us use the integrated unittest runner, which does things
like report failures at the end, stdio buffering, etc. You can still
use the old tests/run_tests if desired (for now), but this makes it
much nicer for the build system.

Loosely related to #5237

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Make run_tests a proper python module

Also provide a run_tests shell wrapper for compatibility.

Related to #5237