[chirp_users] Hesenate vhf/uhf

Ray Nicholson
Mon Nov 27 08:53:51 PST 2017

Hi Jim
Yes my radio is the HT-UV8R.  When I connect the cable to the USB port device mgr. saysUSB serial port no driver available.  Search for drivers and get non.  If I connect radio to cable device mgr. remains the same.  Where do I to install Baofeng as vender, when I search for driver?
Ray  W3EGG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sun, Nov 26, 2017 10:11 pm
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Hesenate vhf/uhf

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Ray Nicholson
<nanapapanicholson at verizon.net> wrote:
> Bought a Hesenate transceiver and cannot get to connect to PC.  I also
> purchased a Baofeng cable & downloaded CHIRP from the Chirp web site for
> windows.  Do I need a special driver for the software to connect or does it
> come imbedded in the software?  The spread sheet shows under file new but
> cannot save entries made.
> Ray

Hi Ray,

You didn't say the model of the radio that you purchased so it may not
be supported by CHIRP.

No programming software will work if there is not a complete and
working connection between the radio and computer. If the programming
cable has a counterfeit Prolific, then you must download, install and
select the older V3.2.0.0 device driver.

If you have the HESENATE model HT-UV8R, then it looks like a BF-F8HP
variant. Then you would select Baofeng as the Vendor and BF-F8HP as
the Model.