[chirp_users] QYT KT-8900D

Harrison Cooper
Mon Nov 20 13:55:22 PST 2017

First off...CHIRP talks to the radio just fine, I uploaded the initial settings, imported a file from another setup and it programmed it. Sorta.

The manual isn't very clear about how the banks work.  A/B/C/D.  You can rotate thru them with the mic, but how do you program them into the specific banks?  From what I can see, there is only a single bank and when I read the initial programming, it showed up as location 0/1/2/3.  When I put a program in, it just rotates thru on bank A channels 0 thru <n>, and didn’t touch the B/C/D locations.

Anyone else using this radio?