[chirp_users] MacOS 10.13.1 breaks FTDI drivers?

David Dixon
Fri Nov 17 23:36:07 PST 2017

I have a Mac mini running the same OS software as your's

I have just downloaded the update Chirp software and run it with  my BAOFENG uv-5r and works ok

As of to date I have never needed to install the drivers I just plug the Cable in and the Mac find the driver it needs
Then load the Chirp software put the radio in VFO mode turn sound almost full and click ok on the down load menu after setting it up for the type of radio I have and away it goes

Most of the posting I have seen over the years are about the cable not the right this to do with the so called nock of chips in side ( copied  )type and the radio not in the right mode to down load its easy to over looked
I have don’t it before now hope this helps

Regards David G1DCG