[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Just transmits when connected to computer

Drew from Zhrodague
Tue Nov 7 10:54:37 PST 2017

	A permnissions error will require that you add your user to the dialout
group.

	I also have some sub-generic programming cables that will turn on the
transmit when plugged into the radio. My solution is this:

[] Leave the radio powered off. Plug in the cable.
[] Try to download via Chrip, and ignore the error (radio not responding)
[] Turn on the radio. The TX light shouldn't be on.
[] Retry downloading from the radio - it should work just fine.

	I believe it has something to do with either the firmware on the
USB/Serial device itself, or the way in which its state is set upon
initialization.