[chirp_users] Leixen VV-898E on MacOS? (was: ...daily-20170501 repeatable crash)

Jardy Dawson
Sat May 20 15:06:24 PDT 2017

You have to do that yourself by READING THE LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH EMAIL.

Jardy Dawson
WA7JRD Ham Radio

Message relayed from secret Hillary Clinton server, located in the basement of her house.  OOPS, you aren't supposed to know that!

On May 20, 2017, at 14:58, Rich Baker <rbakedq at gmail.com> wrote:

Unsubscribe me from this list NOW.

> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Steve Sergeant <stevesgt at effable.com> wrote:
> Just to ping the group again:
>
> Has anybody out there had recent luck programming the Leixen VV-898E
> using a recent build of Chirp on MacOS?
>

> On 5/2/17 0:08 AM, Steve Sergeant wrote:
> > I just installed chirp-daily-20170501.app to try. I am attempting to
> > copy setups from one Leixen VV-898E radio into several others.
> >
> > However, a fraction of a second after the screen fills with the data
> > from the radio, Chirp unexpectedly quits, and I'm given the opportunity
> > to send a report to Apple.
> >
> > My system is:
> >
> > Macbook Air 11" (MacBookAir6,1)
> > MacOS X 10.11.6 (15G1421)
> > 4GB RAM
> >
> > The last line in .chirp/debug.log reads:
> > /Users/username/Applications/chirp-daily-20170501.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/chirp/chirpw:143:
> > PangoWarning: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
> >   gtk.main()
> >
> > I'm using the osx-pl2303-installer.pkg for my serial driver. This is
> > currently the only radio for which I have a programming cable.

S. Richard Baker
250 Furnace Dock Road
Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567

Home: 914-736-1350