[chirp_users] Cannot read Baofeng BF-888S

Herb Gerhardt
Sat May 20 08:08:14 PDT 2017

I have been fighting similar problems on Win10 on my Baofeng UV-5R+.  I too
rolled back the driver to 3.2.0.0 to get my "genuine" cable that I purchase
from HRO to work once I upgraded to Win10.  It worked fine on Win7 and never
had a problem with the latest driver but would not work on Win10 till I
rolled the driver back.  I then turned off the auto driver updates for this
device.  Everything worked fine after rolling the driver back.

A few months later when I tried to read the radio again, it would not
connect.  I checked the driver and it was still the 3.2.0.0 driver in my
listing.  It took me several days till I updated the driver to the latest
driver which of course did not work, but when I rolled it back again the
3.2.0.0 driver from the pick list for this device, it began to work again.
Don't ask me what is going on but then set it back for auto updates.  I will
now just roll the driver back every time I want to use this cable.

I suggest you try to update your driver and then roll it back again to
3.2.0.0 to see if that works for you.  I know it sounds stupid but it is
worth a try since it worked for me.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://blog.nwaprs.info/