[chirp_users] Cannot read Baofeng BF-888S

Nate Alvin
Fri May 19 04:22:18 PDT 2017

Yah, i did.  Below was my issue.  I ended up using oem software finally.

About 6 weeks ago, i purchased the 2 radios listed in the subject line to
test them out for work.  I programmed them both to the frequencies assigned
to our license.  We were assigned a corporate license recently, with
different frequencies, vs our stand alone site license which is going to
expire.  Using the same computer, same "fake prolific" Baofeng cloning
cable and the updated daily CHIRP software i was able to reprogram the
UV5R, but when i went to read the BF888S i received the error message
"radio refused to enter programming mode".  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks