[chirp_users] Using public CI systems for build

Stephen Groat
Tue May 16 07:24:11 PDT 2017

Has there been any look into using public CI systems? I know you can use
Travis (Linux and OSX) and Appveyor (Windows) with git/Github/Gitlab, don't
know about mercurial though. I know that there's been significant
discussion about mercurial/git, but I don't know if people have taken
public CI systems into account.

I've made a sample repo on Github (https://github.com/stephengroat/chirp)
and made Travis CI (https://travis-ci.org/stephengroat/chirp) and Appveyor (
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/stephengroat/chirp) that people can take a
look at. Appveyor isn't 100%, but I'm close. These builds also trigger for
Pull Requests, just make a sample PR against the repo to see. Auto
deployment to Github Releases/etc. is also easy to do as well.

Let me know if people are interested in this addition and thanks for all
the hard work on the project!

Stephen
--

Stephen Groat