[chirp_users] Jingtong JT-5988HP support

Shon Edwards
Mon May 8 21:28:10 PDT 2017

I'm patient and I don't need the support myself any more, but this would be
a wonderful radio to get CHIRP working with.    I know a lot of people
would appreciate it very much.  I bought the radio from Amazon a couple of
months ago.  I had the cable and software.  I tried everything.  Nothing
worked.  To give you an idea of what is necessary to program this radio
correctly, I'll outline the steps below even this may not be directly on
topic.  I'm hoping to show just how difficult this radio is to program, so
hopefully we can get some CHIRP support soon.. It's the only 12/10W (no one
is sure which it really is) radio (HT) I know of.  Anyway, here's how I
stumbled on a way to program it:

1.  I searched google until I found:  http://prepari.org/?page=
5988HP#review-JT5988HP.html.

2.  Get the disc out that comes with the radio or click here:  htpps://
amazon.com/jt-5988/JT-5988+High+Mid+Low.rar and get ready to copy a driver
from it to your HDD.

3.  Install the s/w. (it's better than the Chinese s/w for programming)

4.  Watch the video on how to set up a com port:  JT-5988HP-com-port-setup_
HTML-video.mp4.

5.  Click on setup.

6.  Click on communication port.

7.  Select an available com port and number one will be deselected, then OK.

8.  Put the Chinese disc in your drive that came with the radio.

9.  Click on the subdirectory (folder): USB驱动.  Then click on the folder
labeled CH340.  Find the executable file CH341SRE.exe.  You can not run it
from its current position because of all the Chinese characters in the
path.  Copy it to your hard drive and then run it.  Install the driver.
Click on OK.  If you want to see that it's there,

I'm tired of writing steps, but you get the picture.

73 de Shon K6QT

Shon R. Edwards, MA, AG (Czech Republic)
Amateur call:  K6QT
1039 N 2575 W
Layton, UT, 84041-7709
USA