[chirp_users] DM 5R

Jim Unroe
Sat May 6 08:45:09 PDT 2017

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Sarge ex 7thAF <0101.smd at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Is this radio programmable by Chirp ?
>   Thanks

No. I don't think CHIRP programs any DMR radios.

And as far as I know, it is still not compatible with DMR tier II. It
is more of a "DMR wanna be". I've heard it is banned on many ham
repeaters because it transmits on both time slots at the same time. It
is only practical if you purchase 2 or more to communicate on a
simplex frequency.

If you haven't purchased one yet, do yourself a favor and spend a
little more for a "real" DMR radio. TYT/Titera and Retevis both sell
DMR radios that are under $100. And I hear that there may be some dual
band DMR radios to be available soon (if not already).

Jim