[chirp_users] CHIRP VHF / UHF band "low / high" band limits ?

Jim Unroe
Sat May 6 03:51:20 PDT 2017

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Constable John Vith
<info at stateconstable.org> wrote:
> We are a state law enforcement office using CHIRP to program "QYT - KT
> 8900 D" units for use in our prisoner transport and patrol vehicles. Our
> area (Greater Pittsburgh, PA) is one of the few areas nationwide where due
> to congestion the   "T-Band" UHF (480 - 520 Mhz) is in use. Under the
> "Settings - Other Setting" tabs on CHIRP the band limits are "grayed out",
> preset to 136 - 174 Mhz VHF  and 400 - 480 Mhz UHF. How can we change the
> "high" (upper) band limit for UHF from 480 Mhz to 520 Mhz ?

John,

For future reference, the Baofeng Tech UV-25X2, is basically the same
radio, has more features (mic gain, can sync display lines so you can
see frequency and names at the same time, etc) and covers 400-520 MHz
out of the box.