[chirp_users] Chirp as a "portable app".

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Thu Mar 23 06:38:39 PDT 2017

Anybody else realised that Chirp is already a "portable app".

The windows version can be installed to a thumb drive (put it in it's own directory). The only thing it will write to your Windows drive is a dummy start menu entry. Run it by clicking on Chirp/chirpw.exe .

For Linux, unpack the archive into it's own directory. Go to that directory. Execute by double clicking share/chirp.desktop and select "Launch Anyway". At least on my computer.

I noticed someone raised this as a query on the website and the question was misunderstood by the developer who replied.