[chirp_users] Deleting Chirp completely

Jim Unroe
Sun Mar 19 04:17:44 PDT 2017

Hi Mike,

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 12:33 AM, Mike Kartchner <masterwulfe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any one tell me how to delet chrip completly. So I can reinstall it
>
> All so It is not letting me save any thing when one I hit the save function

You do not have to remove CHIRP from Windows to reinstall it or to
upgrade it. The install process itself removes the current CHIRP files
before installing the version that is being installed.

To have an appropriate access level to install CHIRP on Windows 10, it
may be necessary to right-click the downloaded "installer" and choose
"Run as administrator".

Also, do not try to save the CHIRP data files into the "C:\Program
Files\CHIRP" folder (or any of its sub-folders). They are OS protected
folders. Instead, create a CHIRP folder in your "Documents" folder to
keep such files. Also when launching CHIRP, it may be necessary to
right-click the CHIRP shortcut and choose "Run as administrator".