[chirp_users] Duplex "off" option

Jim Unroe
Fri Mar 10 14:45:54 PST 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Drew Einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my configuration for a BaoFeng F8-HP there are 5 values for the Duplex
> setting (None, -, +, Split, Off)
>
> I believe + and - are variations of split.

When the Duplex column is set to "+" or "-", the Offset column should
contain the difference (aka offset) between the RX frequency and the
TX frequency. For most 2 meter ham repeaters, this value is 0.60000
MHz. For most 1.25 meter ham repeaters this is 1.60000 MHz. For most
70 centimeter ham repeaters, this value is 5.00000 MHz.

When the Duplex column is set to "split", the Offset column should
contain the actual TX frequency. This is necessary when you are
inputting a cross band frequency pair. It is also useful when you are
given the frequency pair of a repeater and don't want to do the math
to calculate the "offset" (difference between the 2 frequencies).