[chirp_users] TK-862G and tone squelch

Jim Unroe
Fri Jun 30 15:32:38 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Jonathan Peakall <jpeakall at madlabs.info> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using a TK-862G for a repeater link. I can't seem to get the tone
> squelch to work. I can't set both the tone and tone squelch frequencies
> at the same time. It does appear to be transmitting a tone but I can't
> get the tone squelch to work.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jonathan

If you want to transmit a CTCSS tone and use the same tone for
selective squelch, you set the Tone Mode column to TSQL and the
ToneSql column to the CTCSS tone frequency that you want to use.

If you are leaving the Tone Mode column set to Tone, that will use the
CTCSS value in the Tone column for TX only (RX will be carrier
squelch).