[chirp_users] ID-880H Programming issue

kd7sjt
Sat Jun 10 13:16:19 PDT 2017

Greetings,

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to report that I had to go to the
proprietary software for my Icom ID-880H Radio so I could program it. This
is after many weeks of troubleshooting, trying to get help from the forums,
and finally posting here in a last ditch effort to get some help in
resolving the programming problems. A bug report has been filed, but no
progress has been made as of yet. I have also found that there is very
little support that Chirp has for the Icom ID-880H.

My other rigs do work very well with Chirp. I have an Icom IC-91AD; a
Kenwood TH-F6A; and an Alinco DR-232MKIII and they all programmed with no
problem.

I do hope that better support comes soon for the ID-880H as going back and
forth between multiple software programs is a hassle, but right now, I
don't have a choice.

73, de KD7SJT.