[chirp_users] Kenwood V71A extra config fields

Tom Hayward
Sat Jun 3 09:26:27 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Rich Messeder <NE1EE at hotmail.com> wrote:
> After reading the V71A in CHIRP, I looked for the extra configuration fields that I see when I run CHIRP on the Baofeng, but didn't see them. I guess that if CHIRP didn't read them, it won't change them, either, and I can still use the Kenwood MCP to manage those fields?

Not every radio has the same level of support in Chirp. Some have
extra fields, some have settings support, many just have basic
frequency, name, and tone support. If you want to copy/paste channels
with Chirp, then go back and use MCP for the extra fields, that is
just fine.

Tom