[chirp_users] YOUR SOFTWARE IS JUNK //////////???????????????

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sun Jul 30 13:58:16 PDT 2017

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the off-list direct reply  (copied below).  Others including
myself are trying to help you but we don't get responses from you to help
fix the problem that you are having.  A screen print of your Device Manager
showing the COM ports that are being recognized would help.  You can upload
such a screen shot anonymously to http://imgur.com.  Just post the link
they will give you.

As you have just been told, your COM port is not being seen.

Can you see your comport under Device  Manager?

What you wrote to me doesn't even make sense.

 i am going to spent my time with software that will not works

CHIRP works fine.  It supports the COM port that you have.

You haven't answered any question that has been asked of you, but you
complain.

If you want to answer some questions we can find what the problem is that
you are having.

Thousands of people use this software every day.

A few have problems, but usually it is just an operator error.

If you would like to write to the list calmly, we could help you find the
error you have.

Often it is a cable that is defective.  Some cables do not fit in the
radios.

Often - with Windows - the user has purchased a cable with a counterfeit
electronic chip in it they are based on the Prolific PL-2303 USB chip.
Windows detects the chip and updates the driver, and the driver now updated
won't work with the fake chip in the USB to serial port converter.

There are suitable converters - they are based on the  FTDI chip.

Here is a USB to Serial Port converter that is FTDI based.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZMYTYC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=37GZ3VAPMP84W&coliid=I3NO9S4ALAH06C&psc=1

You've asked for help, people have responded to you, but you fail to
respond to questions.

Can you show us a screen shot of the Port being recognized by Device Manger?

If it's recognized by Device Manager, it WILL be seen in CHIRP.

Wishing you well,

David N1EA