[chirp_users] "radio did not respond"

Jim Unroe
Fri Jul 28 11:39:53 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Paul Veltman <stumpie1 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I received a list error message that my post to the list was denied so I
> am posting it again.  I apologize if it got posted twice.
>
> I just purchased a BaoFeng BF-F8HP and am trying to program it with
> Chirp.  I followed the instructions and a pop up said "cloning" Then an
> error message popped up that said "radio did not respond."  What am I
> doing wrong here?  I am using the BaoFengTech FTDI cable on a windows 10
> platform.
>
> TIA for any advice.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

The most likely cause would be that the 2-pin plug of the programming
cable is not fully inserted into the socket of the radio.

Other causes would be...
- the wrong serial port was selected
- a device driver issue (although very rare for FTDI based programming cables)
- a defective programming cable