[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 103, Issue 20

Jim Unroe
Sun Jul 23 03:59:21 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 12:39 AM, Eric Chopin <echopin27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> FT-2900 programming
>
> I had no success getting CHIRP to read the radio...looks like its not
> communicating with the rig.
> I am using Prolific 2303 with dedicated driver Windows XP and cable pin-out
> are correct. My unit is a FT-2900 but the CHIRP dropdown shows FT-2900R -
> FT-1900R could this be the issue?
>
> 73's
> Eric

When using a programming cable manufactured with an unauthorized copy
of a Prolific chip with Windows XP you have to download, install and
select the Prolific v2.0.2.1 device driver. The Prolific v3.2.0.0.
device driver that Jardy mentioned would only be used for Windows
Vista and newer.

>From what I can tell looking at the CHIRP driver for the FT-2900,
FT-2900R is the USA version and FT-2900E is the European version. If
you have an FT-2900E or an FT-2900 that has been MARS modded, it it
not currently supported by CHIRP.