[chirp_users] BTECH UV-50X2 - won't enter clone mode

Jim Unroe
Wed Jul 12 08:48:35 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Bryan Cowger via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list and am afraid I'm probably asking a stupid question,
> but I've searched through the website for about an hour and can't seem to
> find the answer to my issue.
>
> I am running the latest daily build and trying to program my new BTECH
> UV-50X2.   When I try to download from the radio, I get an error that the
> radio did not enter clone mode.
>
> I'm attaching my debug.log file.  Is there something I need to do to get the
> radio to enter clone mode?
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan

Hi Bryan,

CHIRP is not receiving any data back from the radio. This is most
likely an issue with the programming cable. Are you sure you have the
programming cable plugged into the data jack and not the external
speaker jack?

Jim