[chirp_users] Lat + Long => WW Locator

Martin Kratoska
Thu Jul 6 13:53:20 PDT 2017

I am possibly in wrong forum.

I am a ham radio operator (call sign OK1RR) for 50 years, active
primarily on CW (Morse Telegraphy). Now I should be a new owner of a
Kenwood VHF/UHF Transceiver which I plan to use for talking to local
friends, possibly using a repeater. Also, frequencies outside of Ham
Radio bands are out of scope. Anyway, local roundups are quite marginal
for me, my hobby is and will remain Morse Telegraphy and contacts to
rare remote places (for hams who knows what 'country', 'DXCC' means - I
have 345 DXCC countries confirmed).

Anyway, Lat/Long is for me not a problem. I wanted to say that for ham
radio operators in Europe is more convenient to use the WW Locator...

My apologies to freaks of Search and Rescue services, military etc. I am
not keen of these things and never will be due to lack of interest.

Regards,

Martin
(Prague, Czech)